About Granger National Bank
Granger National Bank is the oldest bank in Granger and was founded in 1920. The bank survived the stock market crash in 1929 and the ensuing depression of the early thirties. It is locally owned and operated, Chairman of the Board George Heger acquired control of the bank in 1973, other directors are John Simcik, Tim Vrabel, Sr., Dr William Pavlat, Ted Kallus, President Dan Johnson, advisory directors include Gail Heger, Michael Heger, Randall Schwertner and John Pavelka. Other employees include Vice President Henrietta Hajda, Assistant Vice President Vickie Agee, Cashier Elizabeth Steglich, Brenda Luna, Emily Todd and Connie Morrow
The Bank is a full service bank and has primarily been an agricultural related institution but also makes business and consumer loans as well.
Granger National Bank is insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.